[studiorecorder] Re: Frustrated with studio recorder

  • From: Mary Emerson <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 21:16:28 -0700

Neal and list,

I had a similar thing happen for a couple years, but it stopped happening early this year. It hasn't happened in the past couple months. I don't know if this is due to software changes on my hard drive; or maybe something interfered with SR as it was running. I definitely wouldn't wish this problem on anyone.

I've noticed something annoying; this doesn't relate to Neal's problem, but I'll mention it in case someone notices it. I use SR in wave mode. Sometimes while editing, I notice that the phrase I'm working with suddenly repeats quickly and briefly, and the entire phrase isn't spoken; in fact, there's much less of it. The solution is to go into the View menu, go to zoom, and in the sub-menu, press enter on normal. There's also a shortcut to switch to normal zoom, control plus f10. For some reason zoom sometimes gets set to something else, which seems to cause the brief phrases. I haven't a clue what triggers it.

Mary