[studiorecorder] Error Message and File Closing Issue

  • From: Mike Duke <Mike.Duke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 14:02:06 -0500

I'm running the latest version of Studio Recorder on a Windows 8.1 machine.

For the last 2 or 3 weeks, I have experienced two problems which occur
randomly, and not necessarily together.

Problem #1: When saving a file either with the keyboard command, or when saving
and replacing as the file is closed, I often receive the message: "Studio
Recorder is not responding." This message occurs apparently after the file has
been saved, because the most recently saved version is the one that appears
when I re-open the file. Also, I do not have to close the program before
re-opening that file, or working in a new document. This is more of a nuisance
than a problem, but why is this suddenly happening when it did not before, even
after I was dragged kicking and screaming into Windows 8 point awful?

Problem #2 is a bigger nuisance when it occurs. If I save and close a file, or
if I close a file after saving, and then try to close Studio Recorder, the
program will occasionally tell me that Studio Recorder cannot close while a
file is being processed. The file has been saved, no other files are open, and
there is nothing visible on the screen other than that message and an OK
button. If I acknowledge the OK button, then try to close the program again,
the same cycle happens again. The only way to close the program when that
message appears is to reboot the computer.

The program remains fully functional if I just give up and leave it open, but
it will not figure out that it is through processing whatever file was being
saved or closed when the message appears.

Any ideas for fixes?

Mike Duke, K5XU
Director, Radio Reading Service of Mississippi