[studiorecorder] Re: Another Ponderable

  • From: Curtis Delzer <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 08:21:31 -0700

maybe the "p" key which is suppose to calibrate the phrase parameters
is what you touched.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

On Sat, 11 Apr 2015 07:02:26 -0400
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <k5xu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there some kind of "scan mode" that causes the program to move through an
entire file, playing 2 or 3 word phrases along the way if enter or the space
bar are pressed?

If there is, what is the magic key combination that makes this happen, so
that I can try to remember to not press that combination.

Whenever this happens, the Jaws speech freezes, and I have no control of the
program until it finishes its romp through the entire file. If that file
happens to be a large one, this means that I have to wait for as much as 2
minutes for things to return to normal.

The only control I have is to silence the playing of those random phrases by
pressing enter or space bar, but the scan continues until it is done.

I have no idea what I am doing to initiate this behavior.

Any ideas?

-- Mike Duke, K5XU