[studiorecorder] Re: A few issues

  • From: Curtis Delzer <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 04:23:46 -0500

I'll reply below your questions.

At 10:56 PM 3/14/2009, you wrote:

1. I was 20 minutes in to a 30 minute file today and I hit shift-f6 to
insert something I had left out.  When I hit escape, I found that the piece
I inserted was the last thing in the file and the last ten minutes had been
thrown away.  Thank the universe for the undo feature which allowed me to
get my ten minutes of hard work back.  Does anyone know why the shift-f6
might have done that?

You had something selected and did not undo your selection. SR always records where you are selected, always undo selections after you've made them, even if when you delete what you've selected.

2. I set rewind and fast forward to three seconds and it works fine during
playback; however when a file is stopped, these keys revert to the very tiny
distances that are the default.
Does anyone know why the setting doesn't hold in stop as it does in play?

That may be the view you have displayed? I am not sure, though I wonder why you have such huge amounts of jump when you hit left or right arrow. You can use pre-roll and post roll for 3 seconds listening before and after your current position.

3. I converted my file to mp3 for posting as a podcast and during the
process, the percentages didn't automatically speak; can this be corrected
so the screen reader can track the progress?

You could set a window at the bottom of your screen to keep track and update at a given percentage, though a feature may be added, Rob could have an idea about this.

4. The play on navigation only works on the up and down arrow key sequences;
please consider allowing it to work on the rewind and fast forward key
sequences as well.  It's very frustrating to use these keys and to have to
constantly hit play after each rewind or ff after a stop. I prefer moving by
small chunks of time than by phrases or the like as time movement is much
more exacting and predictable.

When I hit rewind, fast forward, during play, there are no stops, skips by small increments, or by one minute steps with alt-left for back and alt-right for forward. Up, down, are for phrase navigation, and also work during play, skipping you forward, (down arrow) or back, (up arrow), by phrases, and continue playing. I wonder why your copy stops when you navigate by phrases? Do you have toggles turned on, though I don't know if that is the reason or not.

Take care Don, and, hey, this program definitely has my vote and I've use the other main ones which we use, both GW and SF, in fact use SF because of it's NR capabilities, but for editing, SR just outshines them all, bar none whatever.

Curtis Delzer.
HS