[ST:FAB] [ALL][80711.22] News: Sunday Sims, Introducing a new chance to RP

  • From: loverobin@xxxxxxx
  • To: stfab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 13:18:23 -0500

hay gang!

some of ya may have already heard about this...? in january i plan to debut a
sunday night rp/sim time...??

yep, it will be a 2-hour timeslot from 9pm-11pm est, room to be announced...

whats the deal?? this...? it will be a series of rps set in some of the sims
that i have developed and are either on the shelf or on hiatus, and each will
only last a couple of weeks, a month tops... *if* after that there exists
enough interest in them sim petitions will be accepted for permanent status,
meaning?crews and timeslot

in a departure from the way fab operates the rest of the sims, this will be
more like the usual *temporary*?rps in that character names will?be discouraged
during the sunday sims, only generic labels such as "captain," etc.. also we
shall use [post] prefixes for each line...

that is not to say that if you *desire* to risk dedicating a character to that
particular sim-concept that you cant do so...?discuss it with me in advance...

first up?? starting 80801.13 (Jan 13th 2008, how to decipher fab stardates will
be the topic of another email...)?

 SAR Prize!?

View full size

this is meant to be a star trek?sit-com about the (read the class carefully
now) Consolation-class?USS Prize NCC-4213,?an older SAR (Search And Rescue)
starship in its last years of service which finds itself consigned to?the least
glamourous and most humiliating job starfleet?ever?found itself?saddled with:
Starfleet Postal Inspection and Delivery (unofficially:?STuPID), eventually all
of the major screwups and misfits that starfleet cannot, will not, or dare not
discharge?end up on STuPID duty...

the sim is to be played in the same?type of humor (and i may be dating myself
here) as "The Wackiest Ship in the Army", "F-Troop", "Get Smart", "Barney
Miller", and a host of other great sit-coms.... which is not to mean act
totally stupid at all costs... while remaing firmly in the same star trek-based
FAB universe... the USS Prize, NCC-4213 has been assigned to a little-known
region of the federation sphere of exploration collectively known as the
"idiocracy" in that most of the systems there are populated by low-IQ races...?
a darwin-ish theory has been suggested that the smartest individuals of each
race long ago bred themselves out of the genepools (ie. "we're going to put off
having children until after we establish our careers"..."my spouse died of a
heart attack from the stress of the job"..."the sperm/eggs we had set aside in
case of emergencies went bad in storage"; etc) while the dumbest breed like
rabbits, grew in numbers,?and eventually overran their societies...

for those that ask "why deliver mail when you have subspace communication?" ...
this region is in such a remote and isolated area that the number of required
subspace repeater bouys needed are not considered energy-to-cost effective to
layout?(plus who wants to risk giving such idiots access?to sensitive
data-laden channels...)

The Crew: here are some of the archetypes for crew characters as i see it now,
which is not written in stone:
> the CO - your archetypical bumbler who nevertheless manages to come up
> smelling of roses everytime
> the straight-man - this person always wanted to grow up to have a glorious
> carrier as a mail carrier and postal inspector, optimum post would be the XO
> and irritated that the CO is less qualified and motivated than himself,
> optimal race would be vulcan ("logic dictates that unless the mail goes thru
> the federation will crumble...", or "for lack of a *mail* the horse was
> lost...")
> the "scrounger" - the go-to person when you want something you cant get thru
> regular channels, without questions asked, usually black market or borderline
> illegal; this particular non-com will have the rare disciplinary "fall-back"
> rank of Sergeant Minor, optimal post: bosun
> the CE .... now this one I actually have a player with a character for:
> Shelly Wanker.. for those of you that love "married with children", this is a
> descendant of Kelly Bundy's Wanker County relatives... she will feel right at
> home on these planets.... (virtually identical to kelly) shelly is the
> epitome of the klutzy bubbleheaded airhead who just happens to be an idiot
> savant with warp systems, dynamics, and quantum and warp theories who says
> she can?literally see warpfields; she was tricked into taking the academy
> entrance aptitude exams as a joke...

FORT Wright: this Federation Outpost Remote Territories station is nominally
the SAR Prize's homebase, post office,?and the unofficial buffer between the
federation and the region... FORTs are usually built out of
Ambassador-class-like saucer modules in a layout similar to the old K-series
stations, thats 3 in a central stack with 3 on booms off the middle of the
stack, and a smaller saucer housing the power plants boomed below the stack

Local Tech: skimpulse, a bastardization of low warp and high impulse
technologies tho they dont use the same terms, skimpulse operates on the
principle of "firing" an impulse engine inside a stationary warp bubble which
immediately bursts that bubble, thus the ships achieve a momentary jump to warp
speeds but then coast to a stop after about a parsec and have to do it again...
its a time-consuming and?jerky ride and we're not about to tell them how to do
better....

The Idiots... well, two of them anyway...
> Mango,?main planet of the Mangol system,?ruled by Mang the Mangnificent ("i
> like mangos!") who took his name from the local diety Mangosteen,? BAD GUYS
> Trol, trol is a race of "beauty and the geek" vulcanids where the
> guys(trolls) would consider Urkel a god and even the ugliest woman(trollop)
> is of beauty pagent quality...?trollop royalty is in fact bestowed upon the
> winners of a series of beauty pagents and not by right of birth,... im sure i
> can think of a?logical reason?they got to be idiots?if i need to... ("we
> still have sex every seven years?but a year on trol is equal to 10
> vulcan-years..."), or simply the pre-sarek vulcans simply lumped all their
> idiots in one ship when leaving the planet and didnt miss them when it to get
> lost

The Plot/punchline setup:?the Prize answers a distress signal from a damaged
skimpulse ship from Trol that was transporting the trollop?princess from her
monthly hair appointment on a nearby system when they were attacked?by the
mangolians who then took her...

there IS a punchline to this plot.. so bear with me on it...

COME PREPARED TO HAVE FUN

http://mail.aol.com