[statisticalgenetics] Statistical genetics journal club

  • From: Gibran Hemani <g.hemani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "statisticalgenetics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <statisticalgenetics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:21:41 +0000

Dear All

A few weeks ago we started the Statistical Genetics Journal Club, this will be
the distribution list to keep everyone informed about upcoming meetings.

So, the purpose of the journal club will be to discuss recent papers in the
field, with a focus on new and interesting methods in statistical genetics.
Each week a volunteer will present a paper of their choosing and hopefully this
can lead to some discussion and better understanding.

The presenter for each week also has an additional responsibility - and that is
to provide biscuits or cakes for the audience. As we all know, this is crucial
for the successful running of any self-respecting journal club.

Meetings will run every Thursday at 11am-12pm and it will be held in the 7th
floor seminar room in the QBI building (building 79) on St Lucia campus.

Please pass this message on to anyone else who you think might be interested,
they will be able to join the list very easily, they just need to send an email
to:
statisticalgenetics-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:statisticalgenetics-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
with "Subscribe" as the email's subject and the body left blank.

Finally, in order for this to work we will need volunteers to present. It would
be great if you could email me (g.hemani@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:g.hemani@xxxxxxxxx>)
with available dates over the next couple of months.

Thanks
Gib