[statisticalgenetics] Journal club resumes next week

  • From: Gibran Hemani <g.hemani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "statisticalgenetics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <statisticalgenetics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 04:46:34 +0000

Dear all

Just a quick word to say journal club is back, starting from next week (Thurs
28th).

There is just one important change to report - the time has moved to Thursday
12-1pm. We hope that a lunch time slot will be more convenient for people to
attend on a regular basis.

We have speakers lined up until mid-May, coming from a number of different
institutes around Brisbane - thank you very much to those volunteers. The
doodle calendar is updated and there are now slots to be filled as far in
advance as July. Regular attendees - please sign up!

http://www.doodle.com/2pbz3q8cghmhnwb2

Remember, this is a very informal meeting and a great environment to:

- Discuss and learn about different aspects of the quantitative side of genetics
- Think critically about scientific research
- Build and maintain a community of statistical genetic researchers in Brisbane
- Obtain free cake

We'd particularly like to encourage students to present and attend.

Details of next week's paper will be sent round in the next few days.

See you soon
Gib