[statisticalgenetics] Journal club on TUESDAY 26th Feb

  • From: Gibran Hemani <g.hemani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "statisticalgenetics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <statisticalgenetics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 06:14:29 +0000

Dear all

We are going to have to move journal club from Thursdays to Tuesdays, due to
scheduling conflicts over the seminar room at QBI. Hopefully this will be the
last change to the timetable and location, we have booked out the level 7
seminar room for 12-1pm every Tuesday for the remainder of the year.

So - next week we will have our first meeting of the year. John Witte (visiting
Professor from UCSF) will be presenting the following paper:

"Polygenic Modeling with Bayesian Sparse Linear Mixed Models"
- Xiang Zhou, Peter Carbonetto, Matthew Stephens; 2013; PLoS Genetics
9(2):e1003264

Details -
Where: Level 7 Seminar room, QBI (building #79)
When: 12-1pm Tuesday 26th Feb

Download the paper here:
http://complextraitgenomics.com/journal_club/pdf/Zhou2012a.pdf

Please accept my apologies for any disruption caused by the change of time.

See you there
Gib