[statisticalgenetics] Re: Journal club - moved to 12.30pm

  • From: Gibran Hemani <g.hemani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "<statisticalgenetics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <statisticalgenetics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 01:40:30 +0000

Hi all

Just a reminder that journal club is at 12.30pm today.

See you there!

On 27/06/2013, at 8:05 PM, Gibran Hemani wrote:

Hi all

There was a booking clash with the seminar room so journal club will now be at:

12.30 - 1.30pm on Tuesday 2nd July.

Hope this doesn't cause too many problems

On 26/06/2013, at 10:12 AM, Hemani Gib wrote:

Hi all

Adrian Cortes will be presenting at the next journal club. He will be talking
broadly about methods for analysis of colocalization of association signals for
two or more phenotypes/disease (pleiotropy), focusing on this paper:

"Identification of risk loci with shared effects on five major psychiatric
disorders: a genome-wide analysis"
Smoller et al
Lancet 2013 381 1371–1379
PDF: http://complextraitgenomics.com/journal_club/pdf/Smoller2013.pdf

Adrian says:
"I will focus on the statistics of the paper above but try to give examples of
immune-mediated diseases as that is what I work on."

He also mentioned that if you are very keen then you may find the following
review interesting too:

"Pleiotropy in complex traits: challenges and strategies"
Solovieff et al
Nature Reviews Genetics 2013 14:7 483-495
PDF: http://complextraitgenomics.com/journal_club/pdf/Solovieff2013.pdf

As usual -
Time: 12pm 2/7/2013
Place: 7th floor seminar room, QBI (#79)

Looks interesting!
See you there

p.s. Some empty slots from September onwards still remain for the journal club
schedule. Please do sign up!! http://www.doodle.com/2pbz3q8cghmhnwb2