[statisticalgenetics] Journal club - 12pm Tuesday 2nd July

  • From: Gibran Hemani <g.hemani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "statisticalgenetics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <statisticalgenetics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 00:12:18 +0000

Hi all

Adrian Cortes will be presenting at the next journal club. He will be talking
broadly about methods for analysis of colocalization of association signals for
two or more phenotypes/disease (pleiotropy), focusing on this paper:

"Identification of risk loci with shared effects on five major psychiatric
disorders: a genome-wide analysis"
Smoller et al
Lancet 2013 381 1371–1379
PDF: http://complextraitgenomics.com/journal_club/pdf/Smoller2013.pdf

Adrian says:
"I will focus on the statistics of the paper above but try to give examples of
immune-mediated diseases as that is what I work on."

He also mentioned that if you are very keen then you may find the following
review interesting too:

"Pleiotropy in complex traits: challenges and strategies"
Solovieff et al
Nature Reviews Genetics 2013 14:7 483-495
PDF: http://complextraitgenomics.com/journal_club/pdf/Solovieff2013.pdf

As usual -
Time: 12pm 2/7/2013
Place: 7th floor seminar room, QBI (#79)

Looks interesting!
See you there

p.s. Some empty slots from September onwards still remain for the journal club
schedule. Please do sign up!! http://www.doodle.com/2pbz3q8cghmhnwb2