specurtin-committee Next meeting

  • From: Ellie Lock <ellie.lock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "specurtin-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <specurtin-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tye Mckain <tye.mckain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 12:32:48 +0000

Hi guys,

Uni starts on monday! Hope you all excited to get back.

We are going to start off the semester with a meeting. We have to start getting
ourselves organised and having a set time to meet each week again. I think we
do need to have weekly meetings as we are still very new and we have to get as
many people involved in a short period of time.

I think we should have the meeting on Wedneday arvo at 1pm in the new
engineering building, before our hydrocarbon phase behaviour class at 3. Im
predicting its going to be a longer than usual meeting as we need to sort out
exactly what dates our events are going to be and also a cost estimation.

Tye please contact me if you cannot make it!

If you guys could send me through some ideas for events that would be great and
i'll add them to the agenda, otherwise we can just make them up at the meeting.
Another thing we need to organise quickly is the mailing list. Im not sure how
many people Kar and the master students got on o-day or where the sign up sheet
is, but Ash and I had 24 people sign up at the orientation and the were only 26
people there, so I think that was a great effort!

We also need to sort out stickers for members, a meeting place where our
members can contact us and decide what new roles we are going to be opening up.

Tamara (a graduate from Origin) suggest that myself or winston talk to the SPE
board about getting an official letter for those people who actually are in the
committee and have proof that they helped out throughout university instead of
them just saying they were on the committee.

Im sure there are a lot more things to talk about but we'll get onto them in
the meeting.

Business cards should be here by monday too. (fingers crossed)

RSVP to me if you can make it to the meeting, I understand that some people may
be away.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend