specurtin-committee Luncheon Speaker and other stuff

  • From: Ellie Lock <ellie.lock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "specurtin-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <specurtin-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:46:33 +0000

Hi guys,

When we had our meeting in the holidays we discussed having a speaker in for
our students and to provide pizza and drinks. We decided on the date of 3rd
August which is fast approaching. I want someone to take control of this and
make a poster ASAP. We need to put it up over uni and make sure everyone knows
about it. I have talked to Ashwin today and he thinks we should push it back a
week and he is confident he can sort out a speaker.

As Chris is unavailable this week perhaps John or Kar could get onto this
straight away. We dont have much to do so far so the earlier we get these
posters out the better for us and the better for attendance.

Also we ARE having a meeting this Wednesday the 20th. Kar has told me that its
guild club day which I didnt know anything about but regardless we are going to
hold a meeting in the library from 12-2. Kar Kiat is going to book the room.

Ok on another note the SPE Ball is fast approaching (this Saturday) and I have
received all our tickets in the mail. We need to repay Ashwin with the money by
Wednesday if possible. I will go see Lisa, Brian and Gemma and give them their
tickets and ask for their money. Also the theme is Gangsters and Molls so don't
be shy to dress up and go all out. If you cant be bothered just make sure you
wear a gangster hat. I'm sure company reps and SPE-WA will be impressed by our
efforts.

Ok, I think that's all for now. Hope you enjoyed your first day back and I'll
see you Wednesday if not before.

Thanks

Ellie