specurtin-committee A Message to Everyone

  • From: Winston Kosasih <wkosasih88@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: specurtin-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:03:02 +0800

Hi Everyone,

During our last meeting yesterday, you have all bought up a serious issue to
my attention. As most of you may have realised, our student chapter has been
stagnant as of late and I have to admit that the responsibility was mine to
make sure the chapter was heading in the right direction and to rally
everyone in the committee in order to do so.

Being a full time assignment loaded student, tutor, day trader and the
president of a student chapter has become a little tricky to balance at
times and after a little reflection, I have realised that I have not been
putting in enough time and attention into the chapter. For this I apologise
and now that this has been raised to my attention, I will definately be
dedicating more time and attention to the chapter and I hope everyone can do
the same so as to make our chapter the best that it can possibly be.

In light of this issue, I think it is now a good time to reiterate what the
goals of our chapter is. Firstly, we want ourselves to be a good local
branch of the wider SPE. What we need is a list of good solid members. As a
matter of fact we have decided to open up our membership to anyone who wants
to join for FREE. With this, there will be no excuse for students not to
join the chapter. With this, we will have a solid email contact list to
which we can advertise our activities, communicate offers and opportunities
should there be a need etc. With this, we then can encourage everyone in the
SPE student chapter to become a member of the wider SPE. If the student
guild dislikes this, then so be it. We are a student chapter before we are a
student guild club.

Secondly, and I think this is going perfectly due to the amount of time and
effort put in by Ziad is sponsorship to fund our activities. And since it
is, I will say no more on this.

Thirdly, and arguably most importantly is our exposure to not only students,
but also the industry and the community as a whole. It is also without doubt
the most difficult. Top quality events in the SPECSC name needs to be pumped
out as often as we can manage. But on top of that we must also take
initiative in other areas such as education, professional development of the
students. Publicity of the chapter though newsletters, postings on our
Facebook page etc. These are what I can think of off the top of my head and
I encourage all of you to add to the list.

This is the direction I want to take the chapter in and I will need
everyones cooperation in order to achieve this. To get the ball rolling,
from now on I will allocate tasks for each member of the committee with a
deadline after every meeting. I will be responsible for keeping track of
everything that happens in the committee through this and it will be up to
the individual with the task to report to me before the deadline. It goes
without saying that if there are any complications then I should know about
it as soon as possible.

I have ranted long enough and I hope that with these series of changes and
reiteration of our goals, our chapter will be able to get back to speed. I
cannot do this by myself and I hope that you will all support me once again
in making this chapter into what we initially envisioned it to be. If anyone
has anything else to add, please feel free to do so.

Regards,

_____________________________

Winston Kosasih | Chapter President
SPE Curtin Student Chapter
Mobile: +61 (0) 406 887 195
Email: wkosasih88@xxxxxxxxx
Email: winston.kosasih@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE : The information in this e-mail is confidential and
privileged; it is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named
as the recipient hereof. Disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
contents of this e-mail by persons other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited and may violate applicable laws. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please delete the original message and notify us by
return email or collect call immediately. Thank you.