[sotd] Cooks.com [July 24, 2007]

  • From: "The Site of the Day" <sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:46:51 -0300

        Site of the Day for Tuesday, July 24, 2007

        Cooks.com

Today's site, a commercial offering, presents a comprehensive collection of
recipes. Gentle Subscribers, who enjoy a quiet stroll though the appetizing
world of food ideas, may relish this wide-ranging selection of food
information.

"We may live without poetry, music and art;
 We may live without conscience and live without heart;
 We may live without friends, we may live without books;
 But civilized man cannot live without cooks." - from the website

This lively and bustling site is crammed with food features, including
instant access to the USDA Nutrient Database for the breakdown on nutrition
information in the familiar label format for hundreds of individual and
prepared items. With an efficient search engine and browsable recipe
categories, the site provides an excellent resource for menu ideas. From
"baba ganoush" to "peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies," the
variety of recipes is extensive. One of the highlights of the site is the
"recipes viewed in the past few minutes". For visitors perplexed about what
to have for dinner, the searches of others may provide just the inspiration
they need.

Whip over to the site for a noteworthy recipe reference at:

http://www.cooks.com/

  A.M. Holm
<admin-sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Manage your subscription and view the List archives on the web at:
<//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=sotd> and
 <//www.freelists.org/archives/sotd>