[sotd] Conde Nast Traveller [March 24, 2008]

  • From: "The Site of the Day" <sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:39:05 -0300

        Site of the Day for Monday, March 24, 2008

        Conde Nast Traveller

Today's site, an online commercial travel journal from the publishers of
glossy magazines like Vanity Fair, Vogue and House and Garden, offers an
exotic look at far-flung vacation spots. Gentle Subscribers, who love to
travel, may enjoy this celebration of exploring exotic locales off the
beaten track.

"Escape to beautiful beaches all year round. We've chosen out 16
favourites, from party island Mykonos in the Mediterranean to serene
paradise island Anguilla in the Caribbean. ... Provence Hotels ... Small,
stylish hotels and guest houses are putting the lesser-known Alphilles
region of Provence in the spotlight. We check into five of the best ... 15
of the best summer restaurants ... We celebrate alfresco dining with a
selection of ... restaurants whose culinary landscape ranges from fondue in
the Alps to shellfish by the sea." - from the website

The "Insider's Guide to the World" section on the home page offers a
smorgasbord of travel delights, from the best London day spas to luxurious
Greek hideaways. At the heart of the site is its collection of guides to
cities and countries around the world. From French Polynesia to Uruguay, an
overview of these destinations includes visa information, population
figures, languages spoken, currency and notable local dishes. The "Where to
Go in April" section highlights such disparate destinations as Patagonia,
Venice and the Great Barrier Reef, with information on why to go, where to
stay, what to do and how to get there. Currently featured in the Travel
Gallery are spectacular photos from Botswana.

Cruise over to the site for travel tips and guides at:

http://www.cntraveller.com/

  A.M. Holm
<admin-sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Manage your subscription and view the List archives on the web at:
<//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=sotd> and
 <//www.freelists.org/archives/sotd>