[sotd] August 29, 2002 [Daily Grist]

  • From: "The Site of the Day" <sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 00:47:08 -0300

        Site of the Day for Thursday, August 29, 2002

        Grist Magazine -- "Gloom and Doom with a sense of Humor"

For those gentle members who are keeping an eye on matters environmental,
the List offers a website with a refreshing vantage point.

"Grist is an online environmental magazine. Our credo: Pull no punches,
take no prisoners, accept no advertising. Eschew the wealth and fame that
so often seduce online environmental journalists. And try to have a better
sense of humor than a pack of fur protesters. . . Grist, a project of Earth
Day Network, tackles environmental topics with irreverence, intelligence,
and a fresh perspective. Our goal is to inform, entertain, provoke, and
encourage creative thinking about environmental problems and solutions. We
publish new content each weekday -- in-depth reporting, cartoons, summaries
of breaking news stories, diary entries from activists, book reviews, an
environmental advice column, and lots more. We're based in Seattle, and our
contributors are scattered the world 'round." - from the website

The site is currently featuring daily reports from the environment summit
in Johannesburg and includes topical news from around the world in the
Daily Grist / Northern Lights section. Additional features provide
alternative energy scene reports, climate change coverage, and sustainable
living articles.

March to the website for uptodate information on environmental issues at:

http://www.gristmagazine.com/

  A.M. Holm
<admin-sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Manage your subscription and view the List archives on the web at:
<//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=sotd> and
 <//www.freelists.org/archives/sotd>