[soapcraft] Re: Vitamin E

  • From: clear marie <clear.marie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 15:40:19 +1200

Olive is my favourite conditioning oil, then Avocado & Shea Butter as they
both have unsaponifiables (will naturally increase the superfat)  ..
Sunflower & Canola are great too, but you can't use too much or they make a
soft bar, and they have a short shelf life .. Using Goats Milk for part or
all of the liquid works wonders too ..

The other thing to keep in mind is that formulating for a lower cleansing
value your soap won't strip off all the skins natural oils off to that
squeaky clean/tight stage to begin with .. So I keep Coconut Oil low and use
Castor to increase my bubbles instead ..

There's a lot of good info on the various commonly used soaping oils that
may be helpful here:
http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/soapmakingoils/tp/qualitiesofsoapmakingoils.htm

~ Clear