[soapcraft] Re: Sourcing packaging for creams and lotions

  • From: Jan Abernethy <janabernethy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:39:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Amanda
Welcome to the soaping team. I am new to soap making, having only made 3
batches
so far but I'm enjoying it, I don't get enough time to potter about with soap
and other things, but when I'm doing it, it's fun.

Bottles and containers in Wellington:  Arthur Holmes is the only one I've found
in Wellington (not sure where you are) but they courier anywhere,  They are
quite good and have a good variety, although nothing stunning, they have jars,
bottles etc etc, lots.  I bought some little bottles from Oz and they are nicer
and cheaper, although I haven't done the final figures so with postage it could
be a little dearer or not, must do that!  I got my soap molds from Oz too
because I couldn't find anything I really like apart from silicone, but I
wanted
individual patterns.  So Arthur Holmes is really the only place I've found.
www.arthurholmes.co.nz

I made my first hand cream the other day, it was so exciting and it came out
really nice.
Bye for now
Regards Jan