[soapcraft] Re: INTRODUCTION

  • From: cindy Powell <nz_cindy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 18:54:40 +1200

Hi there Louise,
Yes its definite worth using her book.. I believe the excerpt from the womans
day is similar, and have her best ones in it.. I am looking forward to a
workshop , and will get along too it, to learn the from scratch soap making.. I
got the domestic goddess book from trade me, and she has a special along with
it, if you buy from there... I love her laundry liquid receipe and it makes
alot... I tried another receipe that wasnt liquid and found it fine, but not so
suitable for our washing machines , as the washing crystals had to be ground up
fine, in order for there to be no blockages with undissolved crystals..
cindy
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 18:46:15 +1200
Subject: [soapcraft] Re: INTRODUCTION
From: louiseshing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: [soapcraft] Re: INTRODUCTION

Hi Cindy

Are the cleaners from the domestic goddess book any good?  I have been
interested in making some of the recipes from the book (I got an excerpt from a
women’s magazine) but haven’t tried making any as I’m too busy making soap
(Love, love love).

I highly, highly recommend you try making cold process soap – I understand that
Gina (on this list) will be holding a soap making workshop soon, so you should
talk to her (or email).  I did a course with Gina and it gave me the confidence
to start as I was extremely nervous about lye.

Louise

on 16/7/10 12:47 PM, cindy Powell at nz_cindy@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Pauline, My name is cindy and im into the same things you are also.. I got
alot of the recipes from domestic goddess book, and the Good Morning show.. Do
you know of any other good places to get more of them ??? Im wanting to make my
own soap and so far have only used the bars that are ready to melt down.. I
have some issues using the lyes and wonder, if its such a complicated issue
with the safety precautions and worth doing ?? cheers cindy

From: Pauline.Rouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 10:37:06 +1000

At the moment with my natural cleaning products I am using laundry detergent,
antiseptic spray, spray and wipe, bathroom and toilet cleaner (like Jiff),
toilet spray, dishwashing powder, rinse aid and lemon dusters.  Very rewarding

Pauline