Fw: BlindNews: Fonix Speech Technology Now Available for Nokia Series60 Phones

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leon Gilbert" <BlindNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 5:06 PM
Subject: BlindNews: Fonix Speech Technology Now Available for Nokia Series60
Phones

> TMC.net (technology Marketing Corp)
> Monday, November 08, 2004
>
> Fonix Speech Technology Now Available for Nokia Series 60 Phones
>
> SALT LAKE CITY --(Business Wire)-- Nov. 4, 2004 -- Solutions developers
now have an easy-to-use tool to incorporate Fonix VoiceIn and Fonix DECtalk
on leading global Smartphone platform

> Fonix(R) Corp. (OTC BB: FNIX), a communications and technology company
providing integrated telecommunications services and value-added speech
technologies, offers Nokia developers a software developer's kit (SDK) that
will allow them to include Fonix VoiceIn and Fonix DECtalk technologies in
all Series 60 Platform devices.

> With the new SDK from Fonix, mobile and wireless developers creating their
own applications for Series 60 can quickly and easily implement Fonix's
neural network-based automatic speech recognition (ASR) and formant
text-to-speech (TTS) technologies, without needing any special speech
industry experience. By offering both Fonix VoiceIn (ASR) and Fonix DECtalk
(TTS) for Series 60, Fonix gives developers the ability to add innovative
features that make mobile devices easier and safer to use.

> The Series 60 Platform from Nokia, a mobile terminal software platform
built on the Symbian OS, is quickly becoming the leading global Smartphone
platform. In June 2004, Nokia announced it has shipped more than 10 million
devices based on Series 60 and has licensed the platform to many other
partners.

> "Mobile phone developers are looking to enhance their products with
interactive voice features that will deliver high accuracy even in noisy
environments, where most phones are used," said Walt Nawrocki, senior VP and
GM of The Fonix Speech Group. "The robustness of our ASR and the
intelligibility of our TTS are critical to the successful use of the
developer's application by end users. Also, the small memory footprint of
our VoiceIn and DECtalk products makes them ideal for running on small
devices while offering full functionality."

> Customers have already chosen the Fonix ASR/TTS solution for Series 60 and
are in the process of developing device-based applications that will be
available in the general marketplace in the next two quarters.

> Fonix VoiceIn is the newest version of our proprietary ASR. VoiceIn allows
for command and control functions that respond to continuous speech,
enabling users to speak naturally, without pausing, and the SDK supports
nine languages (U.S. and U.K. English, Canadian and European French,
Castilian and Latin American Spanish, German, Swedish and Japanese).

> Fonix DECtalk is our industry-leading TTS technology, offering developers
multiple languages, small memory footprint and full dictionary capabilities.
DECtalk offers improved vocal tract technology that combines intelligibility
(formant TTS) and naturalness (concatenated TTS). The result is TTS that is
both intelligible and easy to listen to, even in noisy environments. DECtalk
provides high-quality speech with accurate, clear pronunciation of single
characters, words, phrases and even ethnic-specific proper names. DECtalk
offers nine voices and six languages (U.S. and U.K. English, Castilian and
Latin American Spanish, and significantly improved German and French).

www.fonix.com or call 801-553-6600 and say "Sales."

> About Fonix
>
> Fonix Corp. is an innovative communications and technology company that
provides integrated telecommunications services and value-added speech
technologies. Through its subsidiary, LecStar Telecom Inc., a rapidly
growing Atlanta-based provider of communications services to businesses and
consumers in the Southeast, Fonix provides a full array of wireline voice,
data, long distance and Internet telephone service utilizing traditional
lines as well as next-generation networks such as Voice over Internet
Protocol, Broadband Over Power Lines and fixed wireless technology. In
addition, Fonix currently offers voice technology solutions for
mobile/wireless devices; interactive videogames, toys and appliances;
computer telephony systems; the assistive market; and automobiles. The
combination of interactive speech technology and integrated
telecommunications services allows Fonix to provide customers with
comprehensive cost-effective solutions to enhance and expand their
communications needs.

> Investor Contacts: John Nesbett or Gino De Jesus
>
> Media Contact: Andrea Faville
> The Investor Relations Group
> 11 Stone St., 3rd floor
> New York, NY 10004
> 212-825-3210
> mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Statements released by Fonix that are not purely historical are forward
looking within the meaning of the "Safe Harbor" provisions of the Private
Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements regarding the
company's expectations, hopes, intentions and strategies for the future.
Investors are cautioned that forward-looking statements involve risk and
uncertainties that may affect the company's business prospects and
performance. The company's actual results could differ materially from those
in such forward-looking statements. Risk factors include general economic,
competitive, governmental and technological factors as discussed in the
company's filings with the SEC on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K. The company does
not undertake any responsibility to update the forward-looking statements
contained in this release.

> http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2004/Nov/1090551.htm
>

> --

with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field