[slackintosh-users] Re: segmentation faults

  • From: "Marco Bonetti" <marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 08:22:03 +0100 (CET)

The "man" problem you're referring to were exactly the segfaults we
experienced just after the 12.0 release, they got fixed and the bug was
pretty stupid: some packages were compiled against an older core library.
See http://wiki.workaround.ch/kakiwaki/wk.jsp?P='Broken_12.0' for more

Now, on your problems: the lots of errors you had during installation (you
talk even of drive seek stuff) seem a little suspicious to me for being
just a sofware bug, I'd check your hardware to see if it's behaving ok.
Maybe even a wrongly burned cdrom can spread havoc if a package like
aaa_elflibs or cxxlibs is corrupted.

Marco Bonetti
Slackintosh Linux Project Developer: http://workaround.ch/
Linux-live for powerpc: http://workaround.ch/pub/rsync/mb/linux-live/ My