[slackintosh-users] Re: segmentation faults

The "man" problem you're referring to were exactly the segfaults we
experienced just after the 12.0 release, they got fixed and the bug was
pretty stupid: some packages were compiled against an older core library.
See http://wiki.workaround.ch/kakiwaki/wk.jsp?P='Broken_12.0' for more
informations.

Now, on your problems: the lots of errors you had during installation (you
talk even of drive seek stuff) seem a little suspicious to me for being
just a sofware bug, I'd check your hardware to see if it's behaving ok.
Maybe even a wrongly burned cdrom can spread havoc if a package like
aaa_elflibs or cxxlibs is corrupted.

ciao

--
Marco Bonetti