[slackintosh-users] pkgtools

OK, this really has nothing to do with slackintosh other than the fact that I use pkgtools on OS X. However I was wondering if anyone has seen a problem with installpkg or makepkg.

What I have done is created a source package builder system, like fink or darwinports, but mine, using pkgtools for simplicity, and a script surge which I wrote to automate the process.

Anyways what is happening is this, when I do not have coreutils installed makepkg uses syntax for ls which OS X's ls doesn't understand, so symbolic links aren't touched, but when I do have coreutils installed they are, just like in linux. but when the pkg is installed the symbolic links are not recreated. The first thought I have is that the doinst.sh that is supposed to be in the install is not being executed.
I am not sure ho makepkg handles that but does that file have to be executable in order for installpkg to use it? And if so could someone think of way to test whether that is happening or not? If anyone has access to OS X you are more than welcomed to test it. I have a project up at http://www.sourceforge.net/project/xslacktools, but that is ancient and has not been updated in a while. but if someone is interested in it I will update the page with what I am working on now, because it is a lot different than what is up there.

--Mike S