[slackintosh-users] Re: php ssl_get_fd out of range revisited

  • From: Keith Keller <kkeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 13:49:56 -0700

On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 11:17:37AM +0200, Marco Bonetti wrote:
> my (only) powerpc machine is broken atm, there should be a new one on
> its way but I don't know when it will be here.
> However, you can run the slackbuild yourself:
> http://slackintosh.workaround.ch/pub/slackintosh/12.1/patches/source/php/
> There're just three lines to remove.

Yep, I did that yesterday.  I might have taken out a bit more than
needed, as I don't have the X libraries installed, but I now have a
working PHP.  I keep forgetting that with apxs I don't also need to
rebuild Apache.

Once I get my machine a little more settled, I'm happy to build a
package for ''official'' hosting, if that'd be a help.  (Right now I'm
just trying to restore the services I already had before.)

> > (And I wonder why this is only hitting ppc?  I haven't seen any
> > reports of problems on Slackware, for example.  Strange!)
> The original bug report was from archlinux PPC, so it shouldn't be an
> x86 bug at all. who knows what's going on with php :)

Yeah, it's a bit of a mess.  But I was surprised at how few webmail-like
apps there are that aren't in PHP.  I couldn't find any, for example,
that were written in Perl and supported IMAP (at all, much less IMAP
over SSL).  Killer app for PHP, webmail?!?  :-/

--keith

--
kkeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx