[slackintosh-users] Re: opting out for now...

  • From: Jan <janwge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 21:44:43 +0100

> > Thanks to all for your answers, I may be back to Slackintosh if Ubuntu
> > is too slow to launch or uses too much memory.
> You're welcome. Please, report back how's the powerpc ubuntu community
> is going, as far as I know, PPC is no longer supported and the ubuntu
> ports to this arch are all community based.

I used it until 9.04 and it worked very well, many ppc-packages available and
system updates always went clean. Regarding performance or memory consumption
I couldnt tell a difference to Slackintosh.
The only issue on my 1GHz G4: The system did freezes of 1-2s from time to
time, which might be ubuntu-specific because I didn't experience that with
Slackintosh.
But besides that, no complains...