[slackintosh-users] Re: new to list!

  • From: "Claudio Carlquist" <ccarlquist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 11:51:26 -0200

Nice site, I hadn't heard about it before. And I guess I'm not the only one
running Slackintosh in Brazil anymore... Cheers,

Claudio Carlquist

On 10/21/06, rafael2k <rafael@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi all! i'm new to list! a friend gave me an ibook w/ a powerpc 750FX @ 600Mhz (no altivec), and as a old time slackware user i installed slackinstosh 11.0 (greeeat greeeeeeat!!!)!

today i compiled some software from slack.sarava.org slackbuilds and
some packages:

i'm happy to be here :-))

i never used an apple before, but using its notebook, w/ pbbuttons working
perfectly, well, i say they made good computers :-P

i'l trying to fix cinelerra (a video editor) source to compile here...
failing at the old libavcodec (ffmpeg) of cinelerra at bitstream.c with:
/tmp/ccZ5ltsx.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccZ5ltsx.s:76: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `bswap'

nice to use something different of x86!

rafael diniz

Eng. da Computação @  Unicamp
Radio Muda, radiolivre.org, Centro de Mídia Independente
Chave PGP: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x2FF86098

Claudio Carlquist de Castilho    Linux User #55899     -o)

More power, more freedom, more fun, less Microsoft!!!