[slackintosh-users] Re: new Slackintosh user

  • From: Adrian Ulrich <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 10:01:38 +0100

Hi,

> Well I already had the 2.4.33.3 kernel sources so I started there. I had
>   downloaded the kernel source pkg and install with installpkg, no problems.

Uh? How did you installpkg the kernel sources? You are supposed to
extract them to /usr/src/linux or so..

> Seems the include files couldn't be found, I checked the
> /usr/include/bits/local_lim.h file (where the error occured) and at the
> referenced line I see this,

install the glibc package (not glibc-solibs)

> Do I need a symlink for /usr/include/* to /usr/src/linux/* to compile,
> or should I copy my kernel headers into /usr/include/(linux,asm)
> directories?

No. Just install the glibc package.
You may, however, choose to install the kernel-headers-2.4.xx package
to compile certain packages (like mplayer). But this is not needed to
compile a kernel.

Regards,
 Adrian

--
 RFC 1925:
   (11) Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and