[slackintosh-users] Re: new Slackintosh user

  • From: DAve <dave.list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 09:27:01 -0500

Marco Bonetti wrote:
On 3/1/07, DAve <dave.list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tried that this morning first thing, no luck, same failure point. I
copied the kernel that worked from my Linux Kernels folder to
/boot/vmlinux correct?
on a new world you should also modify /etc/yaboot.conf to tell yaboot
where and what boot. unfortunately I don't know what to do on a an
oldworld, aren't there any similar step involved?

I would think, but I can't find much on exactly what should be used in BootX *after* the install is complete. Lots of info on how to setup BootX for the installer, not much info on any changes that might be required after the install is complete, if any.

btw, could it also be that the installer tried to install yaboot,
modifying your OF?

I did an expert install and did not install yaboot. I'll look into the OF, NetBSD has some very good instructions on resetting/modifying it.

Thanks,

DAve

Veterans?