[slackintosh-users] Re: new Slackintosh user

  • From: DAve <dave.list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 09:03:38 -0500

Marco Bonetti wrote:
On 3/1/07, DAve <dave.list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And goes no farther. I do not believe it is locked as the keyboard still
responds. Still only able to boot using the Debian kernel.
I think you should try copying the debian kernel in your linux
partition and use it to boot the system.
Once you have a slackintosh userland with debian kernel you could try
building a new booting one.

ciao

Tried that this morning first thing, no luck, same failure point. I copied the kernel that worked from my Linux Kernels folder to /boot/vmlinux correct?

I'm thinking I am making some silly stupid mistake somewhere. Maybe it's been too long since I use Linux and I'm forgetting the obvious. Possibly I should reset my OF to default? Maybe someone has monkeyed with it in the past (I am not the original owner of this G3).

DAve

Veterans?