[slackintosh-users] kernel headers

  • From: Joost Kremers <joostkremers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:59:46 +0200

Hi all,

I'm running into several compilation problems (the latest versions of mol
and pbbuttonsd), and have been told that this may be due to incorrect
or missing kernel headers.

So I checked, and found that Slackintosh (11.0) installs the 2.4 kernel
headers. AFAIK this is the right thing to do, even when one runs a 2.6
kernel, if glibc is compiled against a 2.4 kernel. But since Slackintosh
does not even have the option of installing a 2.4 kernel (unlike x86
Slackware, of course), I suspect the entire distro was compiled against a
2.6 kernel.

Is this correct? And if so, why does Slackintosh provide the 2.4 kernel
headers anyway?

Thanks,

Joost

--