[slackintosh-users] Re: g3 b&w and ide-floppy (zip) weirdnes

  • From: misiu <tjosko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:43:48 -0700 (PDT)

hmm, weirdness continues. i've replaced that g3 zip with a pc model
(250mb one). now it works with only one glitch:

ide-floppy: The floppy wants to issue more interrupts in DMA mode
hdf: DMA disabled
hdf: ATAPI reset complete

after that, no more errors and drive works flawlessly
anyway, slackware roolez. (slackintosh roolez too :)

--- Marco Bonetti <marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> a quick google search of your first dmesg line is pretty
> uncomfortable: looks like many users experienced the problem without
> any solutions.
> Best link I've found (a question with at least one reply):
> --
> Marco Bonetti
> Slackintosh Linux Project Developer: http://www.slackintosh.org
> Linux-live for powerpc:
> http://www.slackintosh.org/pub/rsync/mb/linux-live
> My webstuff: http://sidbox.homelinux.org
> My GnuPG key id: 0x86A91047

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles. Visit the
Yahoo! Auto Green Center.