[slackintosh-users] Re: back to the fold...

  • From: Craig Cooper <craig.cooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:42:02 +1000

sbopkg??? Is this system automated now?

Am I correct in stating that there is no "real" repository, ala
Ubuntu, with prebuilt binaries for Slackintosh? If so, that is a shame
:-(

If you could give me an approximate comparison with slackintosh 12.1
and say Ubuntu/Fedora Core, there should be some packages that can be
converted...

I am especially looking for emulators - dgen, zsnes (not possible?),
pcsx-df, bnes, MAME.

Yes, Xine works well, and I managed to compile mplayer, and it works well too...

I was hoping that VLC might handle any codecs the other two did not,
but I could be wrong there.

I seem to be waiting forever for builds, and slackbuild.org has no
powerpc info in the .Slackbuild file that I have found. Whenever I
edit this file the build fails. Also, the patches do not seem to get
applied either - I am obviously doing something wrong here as well.

I have had about 85% success rate compiling original source code, with:

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --build=powerpc
--target=powerpc-linux

add another 7% if I type ./configure --help, and disable missing
items. So pretty good all around.

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

themacmeister.

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Marco Bonetti