[slackintosh-users] Re: Yaboot files seem to be missing in 12.1 installdisk...

  • From: Ryan McCoskrie <ryan.mccoskrie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:13:57 +1300

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:36:28 Adrian Ulrich wrote:
> > > Starting YaBoot installation on ...
> > > mkofboot: : No such file or directory
> > > ybin: : No such file or directory
> > > ** Yaboot Installation finished
> > > ** Hit ENTER to continue
>
> Something went wrong during the installation:
>
> The Yaboot installation script chroots into your fresh installation.
> Did you de-select any essential libs?
>
> What happens if you open a console and try to chroot yourself?

Please ignore the previous message. The problem is that the yaboot and ofboot
files where moved to /usr/lib/yaboot as opposed to /usr/local/yaboot.

If I use chroot I can ybin them without getting an error message but I don't
know how to use it properly to make the system bootable.
--
Quote of the login:
As the trials of life continue to take their toll, remember that there is