[slackintosh-users] Xorg bug?

  • From: Mike <michael_six@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:53:42 -0800

I have been reading previous emails and have read a couple people have had problems on current with xorg. I just upgraded from 10.2 last night to current, and restarted, however when kdm tries to take control of the screen, is the only way I can describe it, my screen flashes to a half black on the top and grey on the bottom for about two seconds before kdm gets me to the login screen. I did notice that kernel-headers and the glibc stuff weren't updated so I downloaded those individual packages and installed them, thinking that might fix the problem, but no it happened again. I don't know if it could be a problem in the kernel, but I am not using a slack kernel, I am using a vanilla 2.6.15 SMP kernel. Any ideas?

--Mike S