[slackintosh-users] Re: Slackintosh... wow

  • From: Claudio Carlquist <ccarlquist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 23:53:25 -0200

How about including 'sr_mod' as a loadable module in the standard kernel?
This way, not only SCSI but also external DVD drives under a Firewire
enclosure could be used (as I'm doing right now). It's not a big deal to
download the source from kernel.org <http://kernel.org> and build a custom
kernel, but it would help if this module could part of the one already
included on the distro... Just my 0,02...

Claudio Carlquist

On 11/1/05, Twister <twistertux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The problem of old world mac is the scsi cdrom (mashita) that is not
> recognized by the kernel before the install, so isn't possible for now the
> installation..
>
> Alle 19:35, martedì 1 novembre 2005, Marco Bonetti ha scritto:
> > On 11/1/05, quel bravo ragazzo <quelbravoragazzo00@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hi people, just two question before to download slackintosh: which mac
> > > are supported? will slackintosh run on my G5?
> >
> > All old world and new world mac should be supported. The real problem
> > is being able to boot into them and installing the slackintosh :) but
> > once it's in, every program should run fine.
> > For now we support only new world boot (none of us have an old world,
> > but every try is wellcome) so, unless some specific G5 issues, you
> > could install and run slackintosh on your mac.
> >
> > For every old world out there: I'm pretty sure I've an old LinuxPPC
> > iso somewhere (a discontinued ppc distro, I found it in an italian
> > linux magazine), I can upload it and you could try booting with it and
> > installing the slackintosh from there.
> >
> > ciao
> >
> > --
> > Marco Bonetti
> > Slackintosh Linux Project Developer
> > http://slackintosh.workaround.ch/
> >
> > My GnuPG key id: 86A91047
>
> --
> First they ignore you...
> Then they laugh at you...
> Then they fight you...
> Then you win.

Claudio Carlquist de Castilho Linux User #55899 -o)
/\\
http://counter.li.org/ _\_V
More power, more freedom, more fun, less Microsoft!!!