[slackintosh-users] Slackintosh is up and running X

  • From: DAve <dave.list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 21:02:08 -0500

I have Slack installed, X is up, things look good. I have a few items to figure out, so there is some "re-learning" to do.

I have an issue where each time the system is booted the keyboard has funky keycode mapping but only in X. I found an explanation on a Debian PPC page with the suggestion to do the following,

echo 1 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes

Which does solve the problem, until I reboot. The Debian suggestion is add a command to the /boot/config file, which I do not have. I tried adding 'keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1' to the BootX kernel args with no change.

Any idea where I can put that to make the change survive a reboot? I didn't see anything I can add to my xorg.conf to make the change. Currently it looks like this,

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option         "XkbModel"  "pc105"