[slackintosh-users] Re: SMP Kernels

  • From: "Marco Bonetti" <marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 19:11:40 +0100

SMP kernel have always been a "difficult matter" here: they're a
kernel package which means they deserve special attentions and they're
smp which means we should have, at least, a machine to test them on
before releasing (and which we haven't).

I suggest you can start packaging your own unofficial smp kernels and
build up a custom repository, I think that they can even be hosted on
workaround.ch rsync as they're, like GNOME, a pretty interesting
package (but Adrian has the last word on this topic), if you do so,
don't forget to rebuild also the mol package as it strictly goes with
the kernel (like slackware's kernel and alsa packages).

ciao

--
Marco Bonetti
Slackintosh Linux Project Developer: http://www.slackintosh.org