[slackintosh-users] Problem with slackintosh current

  • From: Thorsten Johannvorderbrueggen <thorsten.johannvorderbrueggen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 19:19:25 +0200

Hello all,

i think, there´ s a problem with slackintosh current. Maybe someone else can
test it also.

Problem: On my Mac Mini i have normaly 2 installations. After an update of one
installation to current (10.2 to current via slapt-get), the complete partition
table was empty! Yes, total empty, no entry in mac-fdisk. Ok, maybe, there´s
something wrong with ...? --> I reinstalled all and after 2 weeks, i upgraded
again a 2.10 installation to current and the same thing happens. .... I tried
to find out, under which conditions the partition table went empty. It seems,
that it has something to do with the order of the partions and the file system
--> first partition and XFS.

So, i´d like to ask, if someone else had a similar "experience".

By
  Thorsten

PS: Gnome-2.14.2 for Slackintosh will be available in the next 2 weeks.