[slackintosh-users] Re: OpenOffice.org 2.2.1

  • From: "Marco Bonetti" <marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 08:33:01 +0200

On 9/5/07, Marco Guolo <marco.guolo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I see. Maybe we could try blackdown or gjc. If I'm not wrong, Ubuntu people
> built an OOo package using gjc. It could be an idea.
well, blackdown is dead old and unsupported, while gcj requires a
working virtual machine provided by something like kaffe or GNU
Classpath.

> One more question: why compiling OOo with system library (stdlib, expat,
> zlib, ...) instead of the ones shipped with OOo itself?
because you have to spend less time building stuff ;-) and if there's
a bug in, say, zlib, you can always upgrade your local library without
having to rebuild the whole OOo package.

ciao

--
Marco Bonetti
Slackintosh Linux Project Developer: http://www.slackintosh.org