[slackintosh-users] Re: OpenOffice.org 2.2.1

  • From: "Marco Guolo" <marco.guolo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 00:21:52 +0200

On 9/4/07, Marco Bonetti <marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, unless RH folks will finish build a powerpc OpenJDK or IBM will
> change its policy, Slackintosh will be java free. At least for me ;-)

I see. Maybe we could try blackdown or gjc. If I'm not wrong, Ubuntu people
built an OOo package using gjc. It could be an idea.
As for me, as a developer, I have to deal with java almost everyday, and I
don't mind spend some time (some day :) to build OOo with IBM java support.

One more question: why compiling OOo with system library (stdlib, expat,
zlib, ...) instead of the ones shipped with OOo itself?

Marco