[slackintosh-users] Re: OpenOffice can't save in .odt format??

  • From: uli <startbox@xxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 09:49:05 +0200

Hi Dr. Kremers

unfortunately slackintosh is yet rather imperfect-do nt you think so?

ß  kaotixx

Joost Kremers wrote:
hi list,

i've installed the OpenOffice.org package from the extra directory of
slackintosh 12.0. to my surprise, however, i cannot save files in .odt
format! to be precise, saving a *new* file in .odt fails: the save dialogue
just flashes for a sec, and nothing is saved.

in the drop-down box of file formats, the .odt format has no description
and appears in parentheses, though it should appear with some description
(not sure exactly what, something like "OpenOffice.org 2.x format").

the .odt format is not the only one affected: .ott (OOo 2.x template file),
.sxw, .stw (OOo 1.x file formats), .txt, .html and .xml have the same
problem. the only file formats that i *can* save in are MS Office formats
and rtf... :-/

opening a .odt file is not a problem, and modifying and then saving the
file in .odt format works fine. when i do "save as" on an existing .odt
file, however, the same problem occurs.

the same problem does not occur in OOo 2.0.4 on my work machine, which is
intel-based and runs slackware 11.0.

anyone have an idea what on earth might be going on here?

TIA