[slackintosh-users] Re: New User - help pls

  • From: Craig Cooper <craig.cooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:41:11 +1000

> Change the ARCH and give it a spin, I was thinking you know how a
> SlackBuild works, I was wrong. Take a look at:
> http://www.slackwiki.org/SlackBuild_Scripts
> Binary only packages will clearly not work, but sources should be more
> friendly.

I tried powerpc and PPC, but it said "couldn't build executable" or some such.

I have had a lot of luck simply building the source. If I come across
any that need patching, I will edit everything out of the slackbuild
except for the patching, then compile manually!

PS. I use --build=powerpc during ./configure, with a lot of success...

cheers.

themacmeister