[slackintosh-users] NOOB: Slackintosh on Powerbook 12" and more

  • From: James Lay <jlay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Slackintosh <slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:40:27 -0600

Hello all!

        So I took the plunge and put Slackintosh on the PB.  First
kernel recompile tanked with some mummery about not finding hda3, so
I'm in the midst of that.  I have specifically 2 questions so far about
Linux on Apple:

1.  How the BLAZES do you get a 2nd mouse button (right-click) in X?

2.  Concerning the PB, I did an X -configure and tried the new
config...it worked ok, but no matter what I did I still only got
640x480.  I added:

        DefaultDepth    24

and

        Modes   "1024x768"

in the appropriate sections.  No dice.

And on a side note...I have dual G4 with 23" Cinema display...that no
matter WHAT I try X-wise, the display is COMPLETELY fuzzy.  It's really
odd.  Anyone ever come across that before?  Thanks all....OS X is nice
and all, but eh....I miss my Slack.

James