[slackintosh-users] Re: MadWifi Driver

  • From: "Marco Bonetti" <marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 16:25:08 +0200

On 8/9/07, Filadelfo Fiamma <philosganga@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I  need you help once again (I'm so ignurant....:));
lol, it's spelled "ignorant", "ignurant" could really be my lcoal
slang for it... (or someone ignorant about GNU stuff)

> In the kernel all the modules have "ko.gz" extension....but the driver made
> by MadWifi have only "ko" extension;
>
> I know normally kernel module extension is "ko" (in Debian 4.0 is in this
> way)....could be this the problem??
I think so.
.ko.gz are compressed kernel modules, while .ko are uncompressed ones,
whatever road you choose you've to stick with the format. try
rebuilding you kernel with uncompressed modules support (or build
MadWifi as compressed modules :-P )

ciao

--
Marco Bonetti