[slackintosh-users] MadWifi Driver

  • From: "Filadelfo Fiamma" <philosganga@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 16:16:54 +0200

Hello folks!
I  need you help once again (I'm so ignurant....:));
I have an Ubiquiti Super Range Card Bus with Atheros Chipset..and the ideal
solution for
slackintosh I believe that is to install MadWifi Driver;
so....I have recompiled the kernel (as MadWifi needs) and after I got make
and make install to build modules for cardbus support....ok; but now there's
a problem:
I've tried to use drivers typing modeprobe ath_pci (an example)...tha system
answer is "Invalid Module Format"......?! what the hell I've done ?!

but I have noticed something...

In the kernel all the modules have "ko.gz" extension....but the driver made
by MadWifi have only "ko" extension;

I know normally kernel module extension is "ko" (in Debian 4.0 is in this
way)....could be this the problem??

Thanks for your patience

Filadelfo Fiamma