[slackintosh-users] Re: Installing 12.0

  • From: "Marco Bonetti" <marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 14:26:56 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, November 6, 2007 14:17, Andrew Mason wrote:
> not sure how ubuntu manages to boot off of
> it
our installer just really grep the output of mac-fdisk, not the best
behaviour, but mounting a non-bootblock partition described as bootblock
one is a working but logically incoherent behaviour of ubuntu ;-)
I don't think the partition type will pose any constraints afterall and
the ubuntu installer probably has some other methods to memorize which
partitions are bootblock and which ones are data.

> but anyway, is there a chance you could instruct me how to do this.
http://workaround.ch/pub/slackintosh/12.0/mac-fdisk-basics.txt
(it should also be on the dvd or first cd)

the right combo should be:
1) d, 3 to delete hda3
2) c, 3P, 3P, / (or put any other name of your choice here, "bob" is ok
;-) ) to re-create it

however, please, read the howto before doing anything, ok?

ciao

--
Marco Bonetti
Slackintosh Linux Project Developer: http://www.slackintosh.org