[slackintosh-users] Re: Installation-problems

Hello Marco,

i found some more problems:

- there´s no working keyboard layout for an iBook --> i made one based on the debian layout, but its not complete; if its complete (next weekend), i send it to you!-
- there´s no adt746_therm modul!!!!!!!! --> the iBook dies a hot dead! I will made a new kernel packages (2.12.5) next weekend

I will upload them to rsync/contrib/thorsten.

Bye
 Thorsten

Marco Bonetti wrote:

On Friday 26 August 2005 18:06, Thorsten Johannvorderbrueggen wrote:

- kde select during "packages series selection" has no effect! You have
to install it by your own.

kde is in the disk 2... uhm... it will be fixed in the next release :)

- on disk1 there´s a newer version of arts 1.4.0, while in the kde dir
on disk2 the version is 1.3.2. I think the version on disk1 is the right
choice.

obviously a mistake :)
I've just checked a slackware-10.1 mirror: arts-1.3.2 is in l/ and not in kde/ (source/ has 1.3.2 in both folders)

- pbbuttonsd woun´t be installed, if a select all in the "packages
series selection" --> i think it should be part of disk2

ok, a bug with install scripts
we keep it in disk 1 because it is really needed in a basic setup on a ibook or a powerbook, disk 2 contains "not so needed" stuff (just like slackware disc 2)

ciao