[slackintosh-users] Re: Installation & Partitioning question

  • From: Mark Philip <markjohnphilip@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 22:45:19 +0800 (CST)

Marco,
I'm having problems with the partitioning.
1) I boot off the 11.0 CD
2) login as root
3) I type mac-fdisk -l
4) Output:
etc..
/dev/hda11 Apple_HFS untitled 3 37178594 @ 40961544
(17.7G) HFS

This is the one that I want to put Slackintosh on.

5) I type mac-fdisk /dev/hda11
6) I type p
7) Output:
/dev/hda11 Apple_partition_map Apple 63 @ 1 (31.5k)
Partition map
/dev/hda12 Apple_Free Extra 37178530 @ 64 (17.7G) Free
space

How to create bootstrap, / and swap?

I tried to use the text file you pointed to, but when
I type b (in mac-fdisk), it asks me for First block:
What do I put inside?

Please advise (if possible, list the commands that I
should type in). I would like SWAP to be 512MB, the
rest for the Bootstrap and / partitions.

Would appreciate your soonest reply.

Thanks!
Mark.

Yahoo! Singapore Answers
Real people. Real questions. Real answers. Share what you know at
http://answers.yahoo.com.sg