[slackintosh-users] Re: Install / boot problem on Powerbook G4

  • From: Yves Vindevogel <yves.vindevogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 20:09:18 +0100

I noticed something else that is pretty strange. To avoid possible problems, I just did a "full" setup.
Now, I see multiple lines on my screen from yaboot.
Appearantly, there's a "mkofboot" command to format the bootstrap partition ?
These lines did not appear when I did the "expert mode" install. Installer thing ?
When I boot it now, it seems to work. The system is starting.

KDE is not starting with the error "Failed to load module 'vesa'"
Guess I'll have to do an Xconfig somewhere.

Adrian Ulrich wrote:

IMHO, the moment when I press "Ok" on the Yaboot screen, there's an error. You can see some text at the bottom line of the screen, but it disappears too fast again.

Huch? This shouldn't happen..

The yaboot installation script executes:

ybin -v
read

The output will be on-screen until you press enter..

anyway.. as i said before, you can use the slackintosh-installer cdrom to
boot the installed system. You just have to append a 'root' to the kernel.
Once bootet, you can try to fix the yaboot configuration..

begin:vcard
fn:Yves Vindevogel
n:Vindevogel;Yves
org:Implements
adr:;;Kempische Steenweg 206;Hasselt;;3500;Belgium
email;internet:yves.vindevogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
tel;work:+32 (11) 43 55 76
tel;home:+32 (11) 43 55 76
tel;cell:+32 (478) 80 82 91