[slackintosh-users] ImageMagick vs. libpng

Hey all---

After a hiatus from Slackintosh I am upgrading the G5 box again.  Has
anyone successfully built ImageMagick?  I need a new version to build
calibre, but any update of ImageMagick seems to have broken links to
libpng12 and libpng14...the SlackBuild notes that upstream ImageMagick
contains voodoo.

So---can anyone convert file.jpg file.png on an updated ImageMagick?
What am I doing wrong?  I tried both slackware-current .SlackBuild and
the slackintosh-current .SlackBuild with recent versions of
ImageMagick.  There is an error converting to .png in any case.

-derek