[slackintosh-users] Eject PC Cards and Play Audio CD's

  • From: "Edward Felberbaum" <efelberbaum@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 20:52:02 +0000

I'm a happy user of Slackintosh 10.2 on an Apple G3 Wallstreet.

Things generally work very well.

I do have two issues I'd like to resolve.

1) I can't physically eject a PC Card while in Slackintosh.

I've tried pbbuttons but all that does is issue cardctl eject. I tried pccardctl eject that only seems to logically eject the card but NOT physically eject the card. Currently I have to either turn off the machine so I can press the PC card eject button or boot into Mac OS 9 to *E the card.

2) I can't play Audio CD's while in Slackintosh.

I can read data CD's but when I try something like Workbone, it returns immediately. No error message. It's been a while since I was looking at Workbone code but I thought that maybe the IOCTL to play an audio CD has a problem. I really don't know what the problem is.

Do you have any solution to the above two issues?

I'm running kernel

If you need more information, ask.

Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon. http://games.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmemailtaglineapril07